LUCENA CITY — PMO MarQuez had set for a busy but memorable week as the chapter set to celebrate the 29th Founding Anniversary of PANTALAN last September 19-23, 2016.
This year’s NMW theme is “PANTALAN: Kabalikat sa Pagbabago” was coined by the National Executive Board (NEB), the PANTALAN policy-making body of the union.
The week was packed with following events and activities:
Day 1, 19 September
1. Thanksgiving Mass
2. Reading of the Message from the National President Mr. Bernard C. Calledo, led by the chapter secretary, Cyril C. Tejada.
3. Reading of the letter of NEP Bernard C. Calledo to PPA GM Jay Daniel R. Santiago re HMS Fund also led by the chapters secretary.
Day 2, 21 September
1. The chapter conduct a photo opp together with the Port Manager, Engr. Marcelino D. Manatad, Jr.
2. A simple “salo-salo” was also held in the PMO by the Chapter officers & members.
PMO LN/ Iligan Chapter commemorates the 29th founding anniversary of PANTALAN with a thanksgiving mass which started at around 10:30AM last September 21, 2016, Wednesday. After the mass, the PANTALAN officers and members joined by APM Arcidi S. Jumaani witnessed the blessing of the new PANTALAN office.
PANTALAN officers and members, after a well prepared lunch, continued the activity with the message from the PANTALAN Acting President, followed by the inspirational message from APM Arcidi S. Jumaani and the reading of the message from the National Executive President. Giving of Plaque of Appreciation was also given to the Acting Port Manager and Acting ESD manager for the support and resources they have extended to the union.
After which, the Acting Chapter President requested all members to stand and enjoined all members to read the PANTALAN’s Renewal of Commitment.
The second part of PANTALAN’s activity was marked with Mass Feeding Program last September 23, 2016, Friday. Said feeding program started at around 10:00AM at the Passenger Terminal Parking area. Beneficiaries were incoming passengers from Cebu on board the Cokaliong shipping line vessel, fetching relatives of the passengers, transients and pedicab drivers. The feeding program estimated to have fed 200 persons.
ROMMEL JASON C. ZALSOS
PART I. THANKSGIVING MASS 21 SEPTEMBER 2016
PART II. BLESSING OF PANTALAN ILIGAN CHAPTER OFFICE
PART III. GENERAL ASSEMBLY
- READING OF THE MESSAGE FROM THE NATIONAL EXECUTIVE PRESIDENT
- WELCOME MESSAGE FROM THE ACTING PANTALAN PRESIDENT ROMMEL C. ZALSOS
- INSPIRATIONAL TALK FROM ACTING PORT MANAGER ARCIDI S. JUMAANI
- RECITAL OF RENEWAL OF COMMITMENT
PANTALAN ILIGAN CHAPTER CIVIC ACTIVITY: MASS FEEDING AT THE PTB 23 SEPT 2016
In line with the celebration of the Pantalan’s 29th Founding Anniversary, and in connection with the Memorandum of the National Executive President dated September 8, 2016; the undersigned is pleased to report the conduct of the following activities at PMO Batangas on September 23, 2016 (Friday), to wit;
1. Thanksgiving Mass at the PMO Conference Room, 7th Floor New Admin Bldg;
2. General Assembly at the same venue, participated by Pantalan members in the attached list, with the following antecedent events:
- 2.1 Reading of the Message from the National President Mr. Bernard C. Calledo, led by Pantalan PMOB Chapter Vice President Donna Christine P. Banuelos;
- 2.2 Reading of the letter of NEP Bernard C. Calledo to PPA GM Jay Daniel R. Santiago re HMS Fund in lieu of Fortune Care’s expiring Contract with PPA, led by Aurora A. Mendoza, Pantalan PMOB Chapter Secretary;
- 2.3 Renewal of Commitment of Pantalan PMOB Chapter members, led by Chapter President Nimpa A. Rivera;
- 2.4 Discussion on the Procurement of HMO for CY 2016-2017, as presided by Chapter President Nimpa A. Rivera.
Among the issues that cropped up during the discussion of HMO include:
a) Procedure in Selection of Health Care Provider;
b) Coverage; and
c) Continuity of Similar Benefits and Insurance Coverage, in case of a new Health Care Provider.
PANTALAN Chapter President Nimpa A. Rivera assured all the members that they will be notified on the· selection process of the HMO Provider, and will be provided with a copy of the TOR for the selection procedure.
- 2.5 The features of the PMOB Provident Fund.
Attached are the Attendance Sheets of participants on the said event, and photos thereof, for your reference.
For the information of the PANTALAN National Executive Board.
NIMPA A. RIVERA